Class A CDL Driver wanted for a structural steel subcontractor. Forklift experience required as you will load/unload materials occasionally from the job site or in our yard. Day shift position. 40 hours per week with O.T. when necessary. Previous steel experience is a BIG plus. Bilingual a plus. Please send resume or apply in person at 1100 N. Hamilton St. Chandler, AZ 85225. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
General Job Duties
- Inspect all vehicles you operate for mechanical issues and safety issues daily before the start of shift and end of the day (Pre/Post-trip inspections).
- Strap down and secure your load prior to leaving and check all straps and chains before leaving.
- Transport fabricated finished steel and raw materials overland to and from job sites and or manufacturing plants.
- Transport all material in a safe and timely manner.
- Document and log work on time card and on the Daily Inspection Report.
- Comply with all DOT laws and regulations especially regarding height, width, and length of load and all other traffic laws.
- Maneuver truck into loading and unloading positions to accommodate job sites and forklift/crane operators.
- Valid CDL License.
- 3 yrs experience as a CDL driver.
- Hands on experience hauling fabricated steel.
- Ability to work long and flexible hours.
- Knowledge of DOT laws and regulations.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Willing to submit background check if required.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen.
- Must provide good references.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to bend, kneel and lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Good sense of balance.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click Here to apply for the job.
Location: Chandler, AZ
Date Posted: June 4, 2018
Job Type: Full-time