Bell Steel Inc. builds and installs the highest quality of structural steel in Arizona and the Southwest. Bell Steel Inc. is looking to hire an Estimator to join our team that is a committed professional and has a desire to grow with our business.
Estimator is required to work with our estimating department to produce accurate, detail-oriented estimates on all incoming projects including complex projects. This will be accomplished through collaborative efforts with our team including: fabrication, filed erection, pre-construction, sub-fabrication and third party vendors. Our Estimators provide and understand the business scope and estimates that can be accurately presented to our Executive Management, according to our set requirements and goal.
Bell Steel Inc. offers a competitive market-based salary and comprehensive health insurance benefits, 401K, and vacation pay.
- 3-5 years of experience estimating and bidding on structural steel construction projects
- Review and analyze blueprints, specifications, and other documentation presented by the client, to accurately prepare and estimate projects.
- Collaborate with Estimating Team on coordinating constructability reviews and applying appropriate costs in order to complete the bid and build the job.
- Prepare detail oriented and accurate estimates on new projects and estimate prices for any change orders on existing contracts, meeting assigned deadlines, and summarize results with Executive Team to ensure all aspects of job.
- Prepare take off of steel materials, estimate all necessary shop labor and field erection, estimate materials, buyout items and equipment cost etc. to prepare a thorough bid estimate
- Develops conceptual estimates for review by senior personnel.
- Read and interpret job bid instructions, detailed specifications, prepare a “take off” of materials included in the job, estimate all necessary labor, materials, buyout items, equipment costs (including crane costs) to prepare a through price estimate.
- Excellent knowledge and relationship with GC, subcontractor and supplier base.
- Must have Excellent communications skills.
- Interact with other Team members in a positive and professional manner.
- Informed about latest steel trends and general economic conditions.