We are a primary fabricator and erector of structural steel and miscellaneous metals. We fabricate everything from steel components for structural buildings, stairs and rail, canopies, fencing and gates. We provide excellent workmanship at competitive pricing with the best staff and management in the industry. We have a 100,000 square foot fabrication facility and our facility sits on 15 acres. We believe in using state of the art equipment to ensure accuracy and productivity in our shop.
All candidates MUST have at least 2 years experience in production, manufacturing and construction. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Must be drug free, punctual and dependable. See below for description and requirements of the position:
The Machine Operator takes direction from Plant Supervision. The primary responsibility of the machine operator is to form material by operation of CNC machines and equipment such as but not limited to: Plasma Table, Peddinghaus Plate Processor, Peddinghaus Saw/Drill Line Machine, CNC Beam Plasma Robot, Peddinghaus Angle Master, Saw, Press Brake, Ironworker, Shear. Machine operators must understand and know how to work with machine programs.
- Analyze shop drawings to prepare part information for efficient fabrication.
- Prepare machine programs using plate nesting software.
- Prepare machine programs using machine-manufacturer supplied CNC programming software.
- Compare programs to shop drawings to verify accuracy of instructions.
- Other light-clerical duties required to manage information flow for above duties.
Typical Daily Duties:
- Perform typical machine shop duties to support the production floor.
- Operate overhead cranes and perform daily operator inspections.
- Identify and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Operate forklift.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Work safely and follow company safety policies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor including, but not limited to, cleaning, scrap removal and other production related jobs.
- Ability to read measurements accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Some experience preferred in the operation of production machinery in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Standing for most of the shift, walking, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs repetitively.
- Working in extreme weather conditions.
Specific vision abilities include:
Close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Working near moving machinery and cranes.
- May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and dust.
- Noise in work environment is usually very loud.
The Machine Operator will demonstrate all or some of the following characteristics:
- Initiative: a self-starter who finds solutions for problems both internally and externally
- Problem Solver: possesses the ability to source solutions and resolve issues efficiently
- Positive Attitude: someone who is friendly, enthusiastic, motivated and engaged
- Flexible: possesses the ability to adapt to change with enthusiasm, presents solutions to solve problems, and increases effectiveness and efficiency in and out of work
- Communication: listens and communicates what they are thinking, has clear expectations and presents themselves professionally to co-workers and clients
- Trust: develops, strengthens and maintains relationships with co-workers and clients
- Accountability: someone whose core principles are based on honesty and integrity and accepts responsibility for the outcomes expected of them
Applicants may reply to ad or bring in resume and apply in person 8am – 2pm Monday – Friday ONLY.
1100 N. Hamilton St. Chandler, AZ 85225
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!
Location: Chandler, AZ
Date Posted: January 17, 2019
Job Type: Full-time